UK Tier 2 Skilled Workers Visa
We are experienced lawyers, who provide quality advice and assistance as well as secure the best outcomes for our client.
Our Immigration lawyers are highly qualified and fully accredited. They have extensive knowledge of all Key Immigration legislation. All our caseworkers undergo regular accredited training to keep abreast of any changes, including Home Office policy, practice, and procedures.
We are based in Birmingham, but travel throughout England, Wales and Scotland to assist our clients.
Immigration Law – Tier 2 Skilled Workers Visa & Applications
The Tier 2 Skilled Workers Visa category allows skilled workers to enter the UK to fill a job vacancy and on a long term basis. Examples include IT, accountancy, healthcare, or teaching – however, the occupation needs to be listed on the Tier 2 Occupation List or the Tier 2 Shortage Occupation List in order to qualify. You are also required to have a job offer and a Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship from an employer in the UK who also holds a valid Tier 2 Sponsorship Licence.
Unless the job vacancy is listed on the Tier 2 Shortage Occupation List, the position must first be offered to workers within the European Economic Area before they can be offered to non-EEA immigrants. This visa category is limited to 20,700 a year for job applicants outside of the UK.
The following documents are required as part of the application for a UK Tier 2 Skilled Workers Visa:
- Current passport or other travel documents
- A separate standard passport-sized photograph
- Proof of being able to meet the maintenance funds requirements, such as bank statements, unless their Tier 2 sponsor can guarantee their maintenance with the UK Home Office. Only ‘A-rated’ sponsors have this option.
- Proof that the applicant meets the Tier 2 English Language requirements, such as qualification equivalent to a bachelor’s degree or higher taught in English or English language test results.
- A clear tuberculosis (TB) test result letter, if the applicant is from one of the countries on the Home Office’s TB testing list
Why Choose Us For Your Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa Application?
This particular visa category can be extremely strict with roughly only 1,000 visa a year being granted. We highly recommend a professional consultation with us if you are considering applying for this visa route.
Our immigration lawyers are Industry leading we provide excellent client service from the backbone to Optimus’s services. We believe in surpassing our client’s expectations and project managing every step of the application process. We work efficiently and diligently ensuring that your application stands the best chance of being accepted. We handle every step of your application process saving you time, money and stress. We bill our cases on a fixed fee basis, so that you are aware from the outset the total cost of the application, with no hidden fees.
Tier 4 Visa Extension Application Fee & Process
In most circumstances, applications for a Tier 4 Visa Extension in the UK should only be made using the online application.
- £439 – Standard applications: Online applications/ supporting documents sent by post. Typically, decisions on applications are made within 6 – 8 weeks.
- £916 Priority Applications: Appointment at Public Enquiry Office. Normally, decisions on applications are made the same day and your new visa usually sent within 8-12 days.
The other application option available is:
- £7,000 + Premium fee + application fee – Super Premium Service: This is a very expensive service where your Home Office will arrange collection of your application, biometrics, and documents and a decision is made on your application within 24 hours. Up to 4 main applicants can apply at the same time using this service.
Immigration Health Surcharge
All students making a Tier 4 visa application will need to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge in addition to the visa application fee. For students making a Tier 4 (Entry Clearance) application outside the UK, this will apply if they intending to study a course lasting 6 months or longer. Tier 4 dependants will also be required to pay the mandatory surcharge.
If you are refused a visa, the surcharge will automatically be refunded.. For further details of the Immigration Health Surcharge, please refer to the UK Council for Internationals Student Affairs (UKCISA) webpage.
Who can apply for a Tier 4 (General) visa in the UK?
You can apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa extension in the UK if:
- You are currently studying in the UK or have an unconditional offer of a place on a program, and
- You have been issued with a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies for any universities/colleges and
- You currently hold a valid Tier 4 visa or one of the other types of visas that allows you to switch to Tier 4 in the UK.
When to Apply for an Extension
You must make your application in the UK before your current visa expires, if you submit your Tier 4 application more than 28 days after your visa has expired then your application will automatically be refused by the Home Office.
It is always best to do make your application ideally around 3 months before your visa expires.
You can apply for an extension in the UK under Tier 4 if you are:
- currently studying and continuing on the course that you have already started (this does not include students who are on a break) or
- moving on to a new course which starts no later than 28 days after your visa expires
If you do not meet these rules, then you must return to your home country and you may be able to make an application from there.
If your application is successful then you will be granted a visa to stay and further study here in the UK for the duration of your course which thereafter you will have to leave unless you can switch to another visa category.
How Optimus Law can help
With over 30 years combined experience Optimus Law comes highly recommended in Immigration services. Living and studying in a different country can be an awful lot to handle and which many find stressful. At Optimus Law, we want to help you remove any worries surrounding your visa. We achieve this by breaking down your application into small steps that are easy to follow and easy to manage. We also provide after care services to ensure your settling in the UK and can help facilitate your needs during and after your studies should you wish t stay here in the UK.
Contact Us For A Free Assessment
It doesnt cost anything to ask. Let us know by filling out the form below.