Overall rating is 9.8 out of 10.0 based on 300+ reviews from more than 351 clients

UK Student Visitor Visa

If you are a non-EEA and non-Swiss foreign national who wishes to carry out a short course in the UK, the Student Visitor Visa is a viable route to take.

The Student Visitor Visa allows you to pursue a short course of study such a training course or an English language course for no more than 6 months. If you are pursuing a course of study outside the UK, but wish to do a short period of research as part of your degree course, you can do so on the Study Visit Visa.


Client Experience

Our clients give us a 5-star rating on

Overall rating is 9.8 out of 10.0 based on 300+ reviews from more than 351 clients

college group

Because each case is different, at Optimus Law, we will provide you with guidance pertaining to your situation. We will help you decide if you are eligible under this visa category. If you are not eligible, we will discuss other options available to you. We will also prepare for you a cover letter to accompany your application. Our team of legal experts will help you fill out the application forms and submit all documents in a timely manner, as well as coordinating with the Home Office for the length of your application. If you have any questions, you can contact us for information and guidance pertaining to obtaining a Study Visa in the UK.


Who can study with a Short-Term Study Visa?

In order to be eligible for this visa category, (1) you must have been presented a course of study at an accepted UK educational institution, (2) you must have sufficient income to support yourself, and (3) you must be able to pay for your travel in and out of the UK.

If you are under the age of 18, additional conditions include having a formal permission from guardians or parents to pursue the course of study and making arrangements pertaining to accommodation and travel.

Can I bring my family with me on a Short-Term Study Visa?

No, you are not allowed to bring your family with you on a short-term study visa. However, you can choose a student visa option that allows you to bring your immediate family with you.

How do I switch to a different visa type?

Once in the UK, you can apply under other visa categories if you meet the requirements. The Tier 4 student visa, for example, allows you to study for more than 6 months in the UK.

Other options include the Post Study Visa and the Tier 1 Graduate Visa.

Why choose Optimus Law?

At Optimus Law, we have a consistent track record in student visa applications. Our team of experienced lawyers will guide you through the application process every step of the way. We will provide you with services such as –

  • Determining your eligibility for the Student Visitor Visa category and discussing other options available to you;
  • Preparing for you a representation letter;
  • Filling out the visa application and submitting all documents in a timely manner;
  • Coordinating with the Home Office for the length of your application;
  • Proving you with expert advice and guidance as pertaining to your situation.

Contact us for a free assessment.

Contact Us For A Free Assessment

It doesnt cost anything to ask. Let us know by filling out the form below.

  • We will never share your information with any third party
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Visa Wizard

Speak to an expert for your free no
obligation visa assessment.

Get Quick Free Assessment