Overall rating is 9.8 out of 10.0 based on 300+ reviews from more than 351 clients

Sponsorship License

As a business in the UK, you want to be able to hire the best people for the job – wherever they are in the world.  A sponsor licence, previously known as a Tier 2 sponsor licence, is the ideal way to access talent from across the globe. If you have employees that need to enter the UK via the Skilled Worker route for their visa, you will need to hold the relevant sponsor licence to do so.

As experts in all areas of UK immigration law, Optimus Law is uniquely placed to offer you support and guidance for your sponsor licence application. With offices in Birmingham, Liverpool and London we are perfectly placed to support a wide range of businesses in applying for and acquiring sponsor licences, from charitable organisations to small businesses to large-scale companies.

If you are considering applying for a sponsor licence, our specialist team is here to help. Get in touch with us today to discuss how we can support you through your application. For more information about sponsor licences, how they work, and what you need to provide, read on below:

Contact Us For A Free Assessment

Please fill in your details. We will review your case for free and get back to you as soon as possible.

  • We will never share your information with any third party
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
college group

We will make sure you submit all the needed documents. We will ensure you select the right Sponsor licence type. We will prepare and organise the application. We will also assist your business to implement the Sponsor Management System. Additionally, we will help you carry out the resident labour market test. This test is necessary if the job your business is offering is not on the shortage occupation list. Our legal team will confirm that you carried out every step of the recruitment process. Lastly, we will provide you with the appropriate legal advice depending on your circumstances.

Contact us for expert help on the Sponsorship Licence application process.

Speak to an expert for a free no obligation assessment by calling 020 3598 0099

Choose Optimus Law for professional support on your sponsor licence application

Are you planning to apply for a sponsor licence? The team at Optimus Law are the experts when it comes to all areas of UK immigration for businesses. Get in touch with our specialist team today to discuss how we can get you on the right track for your application. We provide the support you need to complete your sponsor licence application to the highest standards, from mock audits to professional guidance. Call today or fill out our contact form, and we’ll get back to you.


Is my business eligible for a Sponsorship Licence?

To acquire a Sponsor licence, you cannot have a history of failing to do your duties as a sponsor. If you are a first-time applicant, you must have no unspent criminal convictions for criminal activities such as money laundering or fraud. Lastly, you need to ensure that you monitor all sponsored workers using the Sponsorship Management System (SMS).

What sponsorship duties do I have to carry out?

As a Sponsor licence holder, your company needs to carry out its responsibilities.

You need to ensure that:


  • Your foreign employees have the necessary accreditations, qualifications, and skills to function in the positions given to them. You must keep a record of all the documents.
  • Only qualified employees are assigned certificates of sponsorship;
  • You inform the Home Office of sponsored employees’ activities that do not comply with the terms of their visa.
  • You need to monitor the employees using the Sponsorship Management System (SMS).

As an educational provider, what Sponsorship Licence is needed?

For education providers, you need a Tier 4 Sponsor licence. You need to sponsor only students on a long course of study. Students on short courses do not need sponsorship.

Visa Wizard

Speak to an expert for your free no
obligation visa assessment.

Get Quick Free Assessment


aid agency
law society