#1 UK Fiancé Visa Immigration Lawyers.

    A UK fiancé visa, also a known a prospective marriage visa, allows you to bring your fiancé to the UK. If you are planning to get married to a partner who, either has a British Citizenship or is a permanent resident in the UK, or has refugee or humanitarian status, you can apply for entry clearance as a fiancé visa. The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you wish to travel. This application can only be made from outside the UK.

    A Fiancé visa is valid for 6 months, you can apply for a visa extension as the spouse of a UK citizen which will be granted for 2 years and 9 months after you marry in the UK.

    After completion of 5 years’ continuous stay on a spouse visa, you become eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (also known as permanent residence) in the UK and then subsequently apply for British Citizenship.

    Two things are very important to understand once you have been granted a fiancé visa.

    1. You have six months to get married from the time the visa is granted.
    2. Whilst here in the UK on a UK fiancé visa you cannot work in the UK. However, you can start work once you are married and the fiancé visa has been changed to a spouse visa

    Find out which visa you qualify for with our instant free no obligation visa assessment.

    It’s free and easy, just simply call or email our Assessment Team on 020 3598 0099 or complete the enquiry form and we will be in touch.

      Start your 100%
      Free Confidential

      We will never share your information with any 3rd party company without your permission. I agree to the Privacy Policy and give consent to be contacted by Optimus Law.

      Why choose Optimus Law

      We are rated 5 star by our clients

      What Do You Need Help With?

      Your chosen property needs to accommodate yourself and your partner along with any dependents. Each person needs an individual room, however as a couple you can share the same bedroom. However, children over the age of 10 cannot share a room if they are of the opposite sex. A property inspection report is also required.You’ll need to have information and some evidence ready when you make your application. Include information for you and any dependants applying at the same time.

        You’ll need to provide:

        all your names

        your date of birth

        your current passport or other valid travel ID

        copies of the photo page and any visa or entry stamps in your previous passports
        a copy of your biometric residence permit, if you have one

        details of any previous immigration applications you’ve made

        details of any criminal convictions

        your national insurance number, if you have one

        your parents’ date of birth and nationality if you’re applying from outside the UK

        your tuberculosis test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test

        a certified translation of any document that is not in English or Welsh

        You’ll need to have a blank page in your passport on which to put the visa if you’re applying outside the UK.

          You’ll need to give details of your children (and your partner’s children if you have one).

          You’ll be asked about all children, even if they’re not applying.

          You’ll need to give details of:

          their name

          their nationality

          their date of birth

          their passport details

          who the child normally lives with

          any other people with parental responsibility for your child, for example your step children’s other parents
          how you’re involved in their day to day life

          arrangements you have to see the child - for example the courts have granted you access
          the child’s extended family

          any countries your child has visited or lived in

            You must apply for a Marriage Visitor visa if:

            you want to get married or register a civil partnership in the UK

            you want to give notice of a marriage or civil partnership in UK

            you’re not planning to stay or settle in the UK after your marriage or civil partnership

            you meet the other eligibility requirements. To discuss the other requirements simply click the button below and let us see you if a Marriage Visitor Visa is the best visa for you.

              Our immigration lawyers are regularly instructed to assist in the preparation of UK Fiancé Visa applications and have a very high success rate with these applications.

              Our team are ready to meet with you in person or via telephone to consider whether you meet the all of the eligibility requirements.

              Once instructed, we will liaise with you in preparing your UK Fiancé Visa application with the requisite supporting documentation and our bespoke legal representations. Often, this is the first step for an individual who is considering to settle in the UK and it is important the application is prepared with the upmost attention to detail to prevent a refusal on your immigration history.
              Our client reviews suggest those who chose to use our immigration lawyers were extremely happy with the service and outcome we achieved for them. Contact us today and let our lawyers do the same for you!

                Unsure on what you need? Request a call back

                Quick Contact Form

                  ilpa member
                  chamber of commerce
                  immigration law firm

                  This website contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. and provided by