Overall rating is 9.8 out of 10.0 based on 300+ reviews from more than 351 clients
If you need legal assistance but cannot afford it, you may be eligible for legal aid. This aid can enable you meet the expense of legal advice, mediation, and representation in a court or tribunal.
Although the number of the eligible cases for legal aid has been reduced (in an effort by the government to reduce legal aid bill in the UK), you may be eligible for advice, aid and even legal representation. Our assistance is personalized to your need, as every case is different. We will provide you with comprehensive legal assistance to ensure you get the best outcome. If you require legal aid, the team at Optimus Law are ready to help.
How Can Optimus Law Help?
What cases are eligible for legal aid?
Although the number the cases eligible or legal aid has been reduced, you may be eligible for advice, aid and even legal representation
Legal aid is available for
- Asylum cases including appeals;
- If you are a human trafficking victim;
- For detention and bail cases;
- Domestic abuse cases (if you wish to apply to settle in the UK because of domestic abuse)
- Proceedings before the Special Immigration Appeals Commission;
- Application for Humanitarian Protection;
- Judicial Review Applications under certain circumstances.
- What cases are not eligible for legal aid?
Most immigration cases that are not asylum based are not authorised for legal aid. This include Immigration cases where the individual is not detained. An example is Entry Clearance cases. In addition, cases filed under the Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights, i.e. right to respect for one’s “private and family life, his home and his correspondence” are not eligible for legal aid.
If you need information as pertaining to your case Optimus Law are here to help.
Contact Us For A Free Assessment
It doesnt cost anything to ask. Let us know by filling out the form below.