Overall rating is 9.8 out of 10.0 based on 300+ reviews from more than 351 clients

Intra Company Transfer

If your multinational employer offers you a job offer in the UK and you are not a national of EEA or Switzerland, then you have to apply for a Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa. Your employer needs to be a licensed sponsor.

Depending on your work experience, there are two types of Intra-company Transfer visas available. The long-term staff visa is for persons who have been employed at the company for more than a year. While graduate trainee visa is for recent graduates. You have to apply for the Intra-company Transfer visa up to 3 months before you start work in the UK.

After the Home Office issues your business the licence, your business will be added to the Home Office’s register of sponsors. You will also be able to issue certificates of sponsorship to foreign employees.

The Optimus immigration lawyers will ensure your application is in order, and all necessary supplementary documents are submitted on time. We will


Client Experience

Our clients give us a 5-star rating on

Overall rating is 9.8 out of 10.0 based on 300+ reviews from more than 351 clients

college group
  • Evaluate your eligibility for the Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa
  • Make sure all the needed documents are filed;
  • Make sure your sponsor can hire foreign workers;
  • Prepare and organise the application;
  • Communicating with the UKVI to ensure your application process goes as it should;
  • Provide you with appropriate legal advice depending on your circumstances;
  • Assist you in your next course of action after a decision is made on your application.


How long can I stay on this visa?

Maximum stay for this visa depends on the type of Tier 2 visa as well as the compensation earned.

Long-term Staff who earn more than £120,000 a year can stay for 9 years.

Long-term Staff who earn less than £120,000 a year can stay for 5 years and 1 month.

Graduate Trainees can stay for 12 months.

Who is eligible for the Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa?

To be eligible, you must show that:

  • you can travel,
  • you have a certificate of sponsorship,
  • you have a TB test depending on your country of origin,
  • you have been employed by the employer outside the UK,
  • you will be paid the ‘appropriate salary’ for the job, and
  • you can support yourself when you arrive (this requires you have at least GBP 945 for at least 90 days).

What are the alternatives to the Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa?

The Tier 2 Work Visa is an alternative if you desire to work in the UK as a skilled worker. The position you will be filling has to be one that cannot be filled by the resident workforce.

How Can Optimus Law Help?

The application process for a Sponsor licence application can be complex and confusing. This makes it important to acquire professional help. The immigration legal team at Optimus are ready to assist and prepare your applications for Tier 2 and Tier 5 visas.

With a high refusal rate of visa application, having experienced legal counsel can be the difference between an approved application and a rejected one.

  • Make sure you submit all the needed documents;
  • Make sure you select the right Sponsor licence type;
  • Prepare and organise the application;
  • Assist your business to implement the Sponsor Management System;
  • Help you carry out the resident labour market test. This is necessary if the job your business is offering is not on the shortage occupation list;
  • Make sure every recruitment process is carried out;
  • Provide you with appropriate legal advice depending on your circumstances.
About Us
Contact Us For A Free Assessment

It doesnt cost anything to ask. Let us know by filling out the form below.

  • We will never share your information with any third party
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Visa Wizard

Speak to an expert for your free no
obligation visa assessment.

Get Quick Free Assessment