Overall rating is 9.8 out of 10.0 based on 300+ reviews from more than 351 clients
Indefinite Leave to Remain UK (ILR)
Permanent Residence in the UK is officially called an Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) and is also called a UK Settlement Visa. It proves that its holder has been granted with the immigration status after he / she has lived in the United Kingdom for a specific period of time under a temporary visa, and has shown commitment to the UK.
An Indefinite Leave to Remain enables its holder to settle in the UK and remain without any time limit, and to take up employment or study without restrictions. This also allows you to British Citizenship.
Who Can Apply for an Indefinite Leave to Remain?
There are strict requirements surrounding how applicants qualify for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) depending on what visa they have been on first, and for how long. Visa holders must meet the length of time requirement before they can apply for indefinite leave to remain on
You may wish to consider applying if you:
- Are married and have completed your 5-year marriage probationary period.
- Unmarried partners also qualify after the 5-year probationary period
- Are nearing the end of the 5 years Ancestry visa
- Have legally spent 10 years in the UK
- Have spent 20 years unlawfully in the UK
- Have spent continuous 5 years in the UK as an investor
- You have had leave as Tier 1/HSMP/ and Tier 2 / for 5 years in the UK
- Sole Representative visa for 5 years in the UK
- Artist, Writers, Composers leave for a period of 5 years
Applicants applying for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) must have sufficient knowledge of the English language as well as knowledge about life in the United Kingdom. Applicants who are under the age of 18 or over the age 65 at the time of application are exempt from this requirement.
Applicants are also required to meet the residency and good character requirements
If the ILR applicant belongs to one of the following categories, it may exclude him/her from being able to apply for an Indefinite Leave to Remain. However there are certain mitigating circumstances and a case can then be made on those grounds. Our team has a long standing experience in dealing with complex cases of such nature. We will discuss your individual situation and come up with a reasonable solution.
Following are some of the complex reasons why one might become ineligible for settling in the UK:
- The applicant has spent a long period of time outside the UK during this 5-year period
- The applicant has failed to pay taxes (especially if the individual has been staying in the UK under a Tier 1 General Visa)
- The applicant has submitted his application earlier than permitted
- The applicant has failed to submit the required documents by the Home Office
- The applicant has a Negative Immigration History (illegal immigration, etc).
- The applicant has a criminal conviction.
When to Apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)
The qualifying applicants must apply for the ILR before the expiration of their leave/ permitted stay in the UK. You should not apply more than 28 days before completing the qualifying period since if you apply earlier your application maybe refused, your fee will not be reimbursed.
Our team of lawyers who are highly qualified specialists and knowledgeable in Immigration law. The best part is that our initial case assessment is free. We will assess your case with you in detail free of charge. After the initial assessment we will advise you on the best course of actions.
We also give you a fixed price for your peace of mind.
Once you are happy to proceed, a dedicated lawyer will prepare your spouse visa application. We will keep you updated through the application process.
From the start of your application until you get the decision, we correspond with the Home Office on your behalf so that you do not have to struggle while answering difficult questions to the Home Office.
To find out how we can help you today. Contact us on 02035980099 or if you would like us to give you call back why not complete our online Quick Response form and we’ll get in touch at a time that suits you.
Contact Us For A Free Assessment
It doesnt cost anything to ask. Let us know by filling out the form below.