EEA Registration Certificate
A Registration Certificate confirms your residence status in the UK. You can apply for an EEA Registration Certificate if you are an EEA or Swiss citizen who is working, or self-employed, or studying, or self-sufficient, or looking for a job. As a qualified person, your extended family member can also apply for a Registration Certificate.
If you are not a citizen of Switzerland or the EEA but are an extended family member of a qualified person, you will need an EEA Registration Certificate to confirm your residence status in the UK. the EEA Registration Certificate of a qualified person can be used as a supporting documentation if you, as a family member of a qualified person, wishes to apply for an EEA residence card or an EEA Family Permit.
Although you do not need a Registration Certificate to confirm your residence. This certificate is a quick way to show employers that you are allowed to be employed in the UK.
Lastly, it will allow you to quickly and easily prove that you are entitled to services and benefits enjoyed by EEA or Swiss nationals.
Tier 4 Visa Extension Application Fee & Process
In most circumstances, applications for a Tier 4 Visa Extension in the UK should only be made using the online application.
- £439 – Standard applications: Online applications/ supporting documents sent by post. Typically, decisions on applications are made within 6 – 8 weeks.
- £916 Priority Applications: Appointment at Public Enquiry Office. Normally, decisions on applications are made the same day and your new visa usually sent within 8-12 days.
The other application option available is:
- £7,000 + Premium fee + application fee – Super Premium Service: This is a very expensive service where you Home Office will arrange collection of your application, biometrics and documents and a decision is made on your application within 24 hours. Up to 4 main applicants can apply at the same time using this service.
Immigration Health Surcharge
All students making a Tier 4 visa application will need to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge in addition to the visa application fee. For students making a Tier 4 (Entry Clearance) application outside the UK, this will apply if they intending to study a course lasting 6 months or longer. Tier 4 dependants will also be required to pay the mandatory surcharge.
If you are refused a visa, the surcharge will automatically be refunded.. For further details of the Immigration Health Surcharge, please refer to the UK Council for Internationals Student Affairs (UKCISA) webpage.
Who can apply for a Tier 4 (General) visa in the UK?
You can apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa extension in the UK if:
- You are currently studying UK or have an unconditional offer of a place on a programme, and
- You have been issued with a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies for any universities/colleges and
- You currently hold a valid Tier 4 visa or one of the other types of visa which allows you to switch to Tier 4 in the UK.
When to Apply for an Extension
You must make your application in the UK before your current visa expires, if you submit your Tier 4 application more than 28 days after your visa has expired then your application will automatically be refused by the Home Office.
It is always best to do make your application ideally around 3 months before your visa expires.
You can apply for an extension in the UK under Tier 4 if you are:
- currently studying and continuing on the course that you have already started (this does not include students who are on a break) or
- moving on to a new course which starts no later than 28 days after your visa expires
If you do not meet these rules, then you must return to your home country and you may be able to make an application from there.
If your application is successful then you will be granted a visa to stay and further study here in the UK for the duration of your course which thereafter you will have to leave unless you can switch to another visa category.
How Optimus Law can help
With over 30 years combined experience Optimus Law comes highly recommended in Immigration services. Living and studying in a different country can be an awful lot to handle and which many find stressful. At Optimus Law, we want to help you remove any worries surrounding your visa. We achieve this by breaking down your application into small steps that are easy to follow and easy to manage. We also provide after care services to ensure your settling in the UK and can help facilitate your needs during and after your studies should you wish t stay here in the UK.
Contact Us For A Free Assessment
It doesnt cost anything to ask. Let us know by filling out the form below.