Deportation Order

Optimuslaw deportation order

Are you currently facing deportation from the UK? If you have received a Deportation Order then the Home Office has decided that it is for the good of the public that you should be deported. You could also face a ban from re-entering the UK for up to 10 years.Whilst the Deportation Order is in force you are not permitted to re-enter the UK. It is however, possible to revoke the Deportation Order. An individual who is subject to a Deportation Order will usually have an out of country right of appeal. Under Article 8 of the Human Rights Convention you may be able to apply for the deportation to be revoked if you can show that you have compelling human rights grounds for you to remain in the UK.

Our experienced lawyers can discuss your immigration matter in detail and provide clear and confidential advice. Once we have understood your objectives we will advise you on your options and explain how the process works. We will provide your family and partner a written extensive report of what was discussed. Get in touch if you wish to proceed with an Emergency Bail Application or Advice on your Deportation Matter.


A Deportation Order can be issued in the following circumstances:


  • where the Secretary of State believes it to be ‘conducive to the public good’
  • in cases where a foreign national has been convicted of an offence punishable by imprisonment.
  • Foreign national who has committed a crime that in the UK punishable by custodial.
  • Asylum seeker who illegally entered into the country and
  • A person who is the spouse, partner or child under 18 years, of a person ordered to be deported.

We can arrange a visit to your Immigration Removal Centre, Detention Centre or Prison and have a face to face consultation with you. We will also liaise with the Home Office to find out more about your offence and can also liaise with your family for family visitation and bail.

Generally, you will know you are being deported if you have received a Deportation Order.

You may still be deported if you have family in the UK, depending on the crime you have committed and the circumstances of your offence. You may be able to revoke the deportation if you can show that you have merits under Family life and Private life.


 If you do have family in the UK such as a child or partner then it is important you contact our experienced lawyers for advice as we can discuss what options are available to you and whether there is a basis upon which we can appeal the deportation.

It may be possible for you to return to the UK if your situation changes and if you have new evidence showing that you should stay in the UK. Our experienced lawyers will be able to make a new appeal for you should you have a basis to appeal. However, when you cannot any further appeals and if you did not leave voluntarily you will not be able to return to the UK for 10 years.

Therefore, it is vital your options are discussed with an immigration lawyer so we can direct you to the best course of action. It may be better to leave voluntarily with the option to return after 1 or 2 years.

What Our Clients say

“Me and my sister have known Robina for a long time. From visa application to settlement, she had been helping both of us successfully. Robina is a very experienced solicitor and knows everything at her fingertips. Has always been highly reliable in her work so it is always nice to know someone that you can turn to when you need advice. I can’t recommend Robina highly enough to anyone that needs help or advice in immigration issues”
Uk immigration Visa