What is UK Spouse Visa?
A spouse visa also known as a marriage visa is a route to enter the UK. If you are married to a British national or a person who is present and settled in the UK on Indefinite Leave to Remain, you can apply for entry clearance as a spouse/in country for leave to remain.
Applying for a UK Spouse Visa will allow you to live and travel to/from the UK, take up employment and set up your own business. This visa is primarily issued for 33 months and has to be extended for an additional 2.5 years before it expires and once you have lived in the UK for 5 years you are eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain.
We have a team of highly experienced UK immigration lawyers who will ensure you receive an excellent, personalised legal service because we recognise that every case is different. We also recognise the similarities of many cases which helps us quickly overcome obstacles that may arise with your application.
Contact Us For A Free Assessment
Please fill in your details. We will review your case for free and get back to you as soon as possible.
Applying Spouse and Partner Visas
Our lawyers have the expertise in applying spouse and partner visas and will help you decide the right visa option and strategy by:
- Making sure all the necessary documentary evidence is submitted.
- Assisting you as you fill out your visa application, guiding you through each section.
- Creating you a strong letter of representation to accompany your application and sponsorship if required.
- Coordinating with the Home Office until a decision is made.
- The spouse must be a British citizen in the UK
- Must be present and settled in the UK
- Applicant and sponsor must be at least 18 years old
- Applicant and sponsor must have met each other and be legally married to one another with the intention to live together in the UK
- Applicant and Sponsor must be genuine and hold a subsisting relationship
- Applicant and Sponsor marriage must be valid
- Must have suitable accommodation available for you in the UK
The spouse applicant must meet and provide:
- Gross annual income of £18,600.
- £3,800 for a first child (who is not British, settled or an EEA national)
- Specified savings of £16,000 or more
- Pension income of both the partner and applicant
- Any other specified income of the partner and applicant
However, it is important to realise that the requirements are constantly changing and so we will help make sure that you meet all the requirements at the time that you make the application.
Financial Requirement Exemptions
The applicant will be exempt from financial requirements of £18,600 or above if the applicant’s partner is receiving the following
- Disability living allowance
- Severe disability allowance
- Carer’s allowance
- Attendance allowance
- Industrial injury disablement benefit
- Bereavement benefits
In the case that the applicant is exempt from the financial requirements, the applicant must provide specified documents that his or her partner is able to maintain and accommodate himself/herself, the applicant and any dependent adequately in the UK without recourse of public funds.
Spouse Visa Free Initial Case Assessment
Get it right the first time with our team of lawyers who are highly qualified specialists and knowledgeable in Immigration law. The best part is that our initial case assessment is free. We will assess your case with you in detail for 30 minutes free of charge. After the discussion advise you on the best course of actions.
We also give you a fixed quote for your peace of mind.
Once you are happy to proceed, a dedicated lawyer will prepare your spouse visa application. We will keep you updated through the application process.
From the start of your application until you get the decision, we correspond with the Home Office on your behalf so that you do not have to struggle while answering difficult questions to the Home Office.
What Our Clients Say About Us
Our clients give us a 5-star rating on reviews.co.uk
As seen in:
Individuals & Businesses
Organisations that we have helped