A British Citizen has the right of abode to live in the UK permanently without any immigration restriction.
To naturalise as a British Citizen, the following requirements have to be satisfied:
- Age 18 or over;
- Be of sound mind & good character;
- Intend to continue to living in the UK;
- Have sufficient knowledge of the English Language/Welsh
- Have sufficient knowledge of Life in the UK;
- Meet the residential qualifying period.
There are a number of different categories to register as a British Citizen. These rules are often complex and cover those who are under 18 years old, if you have another form of British Nationality or stateless.
Applying for a British Passport
Once you have naturalised or registered as a British Citizen you can then apply for a British passport.
You can also apply for a British Passport if you automatically require British Citizenship.
It is advisable for you to seek expert legal assistance as British Nationality Law can be complex.
Contact Us For A Free Assessment
It doesnt cost anything to ask. Let us know by filling out the form below.